To be fair, we laughed a lot. A lot.
The Apollo Theater in Chicago just premiered their Game of Thrones musical parody and we got to catch opening night! The story is set with a group of six friends and one of them has never seen Game of Thrones. The rest of the group takes that opportunity to get him up to speed by reenacting every season in a few short (musical) moments. Here’s our ten favorite laugh out loud moments, in no particular order:
- Daenerys’ many titles – Mother of Dragons, Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Assistant Manager at Chili’s… She listed many job titles that have us convinced her resume is more than one page.
- There’s also many characters – Enough for a song sang at incredible speeds.
- The Red Wedding scene – Appropriately titled “Stabbin'”, this musical number summed up the near end of the third season.
- “You know nothing Jon Snow” – an accurate summary of Ygritte and the many memes/shirts that came out of this line.
- White Walkers – Turns out they make a great boy band.
- “Fuck you Tom!” – NO ONE CARES THAT YOU READ THE BOOKS, TOM.
- “Hold the Door” – Ok, these were less tears of laughter and more tears of sadness… You were a good man Hodor.
- Jon Snow’s hair – Need we say more?
- Fan Fiction – Just give us the ending that we want! Oh, the ending involves Jon Snow, Tyrion and Jaime Lannister. Use your imagination.
- Plot Twist – *spoilers* George R. R. Martin shows up. It doesn’t end well.
(Photos courtesy of Michael Brosilow)