Taylor Swift Grammy History and Timeline: Every Grammy Moment, Nomination, Fashion, and Performance
Taylor Swift has had quite the Grammy Awards experience, with 32 nominations and 10 wins. Ahead of the 61st Annual GRAMMY Awards airing Sunday, Feb. 10, Swift is nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album for “reputation.” There are no confirmations that Swift is or is not attending this year’s show. Here is a timeline and breakdown of every Taylor Swift Grammy moment, performance, nomination, and win.
Swift is one of two female solo artists (along with Adele) to win Album of the Year twice for her solo records. She won the award in 2010 for Fearless and once again in 2015 for 1989.
2007: 50th GRAMMY Awards (Held in 2008)
- Swift was nominated for her first award for “Best New Artist.” Carrie Underwood beat out Swift for the award.
- Swift wore a lavender corseted custom Sandy Spika gown to the show.
- Swift was apart of the GRAMMY Nominations announcement where Foo Fighters Dave Grohl announced her nomination.
2008: 51st GRAMMY Awards (Held in 2009)
- The 20-year old wore an all black Kaufman Franco gown.
- Swift performed with Miley Cyrus her single “Fifteen.”
2009: 52nd GRAMMY Awards (Held in 2010)
- Swift performed a mash-up of “Sorry” and “White Horse” at the GRAMMY nominations concert.
- Swift wore a Kaufman Franco sparkling blue gown.
- Swift performed “Today Was A Fairytale” “Rhiannon” and “You Belong With Me” along with Stevie Nicks
- Swift was nominated for “You Belong With Me” for Record of The Year, Song of The Year, Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, along with Best Pop Collaboration for “Breathe.”
- Swift accepted her first GRAMMY Award during the pre-show telecast. (Video below)
- Swift also won Best Country Album “Fearless,” Best Country Song “White Horse,” and Best Female Country Vocal Performance along with the iconic Album of The Year for “Fearless.”
- With four awards, this is the show that had infamous pictures of Swift dropping one of the four trophies.
2011: 54th GRAMMY Awards (Held in 2012)
- Swift wore a sheer gold dress by Zuhair Murad Couture.
- Swift performed “Mean” with banjo at hand during the telecast.
- Swift was nominated for Best Country Album for “Speak Now.”
- Swift won Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song for “Mean”
2012: 55th GRAMMY Awards (Held in 2013)
- Swift hosted the nominations concert live with LL Cool J.
- Swift wore a white J.Mendel gown with a plunging neckline.
- Swift performed “We Are Never Getting Back Together.”
- Swift was nominated for Record of The Year for “We Are Never Getting Back Together” and Best Country Duo/Group Performance for “Safe and Sound.”
- Swift won with The Civil Wars for Best Song Written For Visual Media for “Safe and Sound” from The Hunger Games.
2013: 56th GRAMMY Awards (Held in 2014)
- Swift was nominated for Album of The Year and Best Country Album for Red. Swift was also nominated for Best Country Duo/Group Performance for “Highway Don’t Care” with Tim McGraw and Best Country Song for “Begin Again.”
- Swift performed “All To Well” at the request of her fans.
- Swift wore a sparkling silver Gucci dress.
2014: 57th GRAMMY Awards (Held in 2015)
- Swift was nominated for Record of The Year, Song of The Year, and Best Pop Solo Performance of The Year for “Shake It Off.”
- Swift wore an emerald green gown by Ellie Saab.
- Swift presented Best New Artist winner.
2015: 58th GRAMMY Awards (Held in 2016)
- Swift performed “Out of The Woods” opening the show up.
- Swift wore a two-piece red and pink gown.
- Swift was nominated for Record of The Year, Song of The Year, and Best Pop Solo Performance for “Blank Space” along with Best Pop Duo/Group Performance of “Bad Blood” with Kendrick Lamar.
- Swift won Album of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album for 1989 along with Best Music Video for Bad Blood.
- It was at this show that Swift gave her legendary acceptance speech encouraging young women to fight for their dreams and to never let anyone bring you down.
2017: 60th GRAMMY Awards (Held in 2018)
- Swift was nominated for Best Country Song for writing Little Big Town’s “Better Man” and collaborating with Zayn for “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever” which was nominated for Best Song Written For Visual Media for Fifty Shades Darker.