Coachella Day 1 Recap: The Weeknd, Kendrick Lamar Surprises, and More!
Day 1 of Coachella was completely filled with surprises and mind boggling performances. Here’s some of our favorite moments from Day 1, Weekend 1. Be sure to subscribe to us on Issuu for our Coachella content in our next issue!
- Daniel Caesar brought the soul for a one of a kind performance. He later brought out H.E.R. to collaborate on “Best Part”.
- Kyle brought out Chance The Rapper for their single “Wanna Be Cool”. Kyle also took it upon himself to crowd surf with a surfboard!
- Justin Bieber was spotted watching Walmart crooner Mason Ramsey perform during Whethan’s set.
— billboard (@billboard) April 14, 2018
4. Bleachers’ set was beyond entergetic and passionate. Hearing the crowd singing “Rollercoaster” was a can’t miss moment. Jack Antonoff brought out Carly Rae Jepsen for “Hate That You Know Me” and “Alfie’s Song”. The crowd roared when Jack claimed her his queen of pop.
— Desiree Murphy (@desireemurphy_) April 14, 2018
5. Vince Staples brought out Kendrick Lamar for his set to perform “Big Fish Theory”.
6. Kygo’s set brought a slew of special guests including: Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic) performing “Stranger Things”, Rita Ora filling in for Selena Gomez’s part in “It Ain’t Me”, Jamie Foxx for “Sexual Healing, and Julia Michaels for “Carry Me”.
— Selena Gomez Source (@GomezSourceMP4) April 14, 2018
7. SZA had special guests including Kendrick Lamar, Isaiah Rashad, and Trippie Redd.
8. During The Weeknd’s set the most notable moment was Abel holding back tears during his performance of Privilege.