Adele’s Epic First Performance of “Hello” – Watch
Oh Adele how we’ve missed thee. Let us count the ways! Now that you’re back and you’ve graced the world with your new single “Hello,” we have a lot to look forward to!
“Hello” has already broken 8 records, including doubling the record for first week digital sales with 1.1 million! Other records that were broken include
- Biggest one-week sales by a female artist in the U.S. (previously held by Taylor Swift‘s “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” with 623k copies).
- Biggest sales week for a song in 2015 (previously held by “See You Again” by Wiz Khalifia ft Charlie Puth with 464k).
- It broke Adele’s previous first week sales in the U.S. by 4x (best week previously was for her song “Skyfall” in 2012 which one the singer an Oscar and a Grammy with 261k copies).
- “Hello” debuted as No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot 100, making Adele the second English artist to accomplish this, after Elton John.
- It’s Adele’s fourth No.1
- “Hello” broke the 24 hour Vevo record with 27 million views (previously held by Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” with 20.1 million views).
- “Hello” set a new single-day streaming record in the U.S. with 2.3 million streams (previously held by One Direction‘s “Drag Me Down” with 1.8 million).
- “Hello” reached No. 1 in Adele’s home country- The United Kingdom, her second song to do so.
It’s interesting to note that Lionel Richie‘s song “Hello” also reached No. 1 in the U.S. and the U.K.
BBC One is airing a special later this month which will include the first ever live performance of “Hello.” You can watch a clip of the performance below!